The following organizations are excellent sources of background material on past hymns and new congregational songs. Located at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, MI, Hymnary.org, has cataloged over one million hymns. Contact: www.Hymnary.org An organization whose members include hymnwriters, professional church musicians, and publishers of church music is the The Hymn Society in the United States and Canada. Their website is: www.thehymnsociety.org.
Copies of our hymns are available through OneLicense.net of Chicago. Music is made available through an annual fee basis or purchased for a one-time use.
Churches and Others Who Have Used Our Hymns
If you wish to learn from congregations and other groups that are familiar with our hymns, contact the following:
- Bethesda Lutheran Church, Ames, IA www.bethesdanet.org
- Faith Community United Church of Christ, Bensenville, IL firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faith United Church of Christ, Bryan, TX (contact the pastor, Rev. Karl Tewold (email@example.com)
- First United Church of Oak Park, IL www.FirstUnitedOakPark.com (ask for organist Mike Surratt)
- Floris United Methodist Church, Floris, VA.
- Iowa State University Alumni Association, Ames, IA www.isualum.org (President Jeff Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rev. Franklin Dotts, South Carolina. Permission granted to use six songs about prophets in a church production in November 2013.
- Union Church of Hackensack, MN.
- United Christian Parish of Reston, VA www.UCPReston@UCPReston.org
- United Church of Christ-Congregational, Ames, IA www.amesucc.org
Musicians Who Have Reviewed and/or Made Contributions
- Michael Bagby, Dubuque, IA Currently a doctoral student in music at the University of Illinois
- Ann Gerdom, Des Moines, IA.
- Christopher Grundy, Eden Seminary, St. Louis, MO
- Ryan Sheeler, Ames, IA
- Michael Surratt, First United Church of Oak Park, IL
- Louis Banitt
- Kevin Schilling
- Kelsie Schmidt
- Hanna Skalbeck
- Karen Stewart
Church photos are courtesy of Alan Levine, Andrew Fogg, Gary Dincher, Josh, Paul Houle, Paul Sableman, and Roger Wollstadt, and are used under a Creative Commons Attribution license.